On March 15th, 2022 Raincoast and our partners at the Pender Islands Conservancy launched a $100,000 matching campaign, made possible by the Sitka Foundation, toward the purchase and protection of KELÁ_EKE Kingfisher Forest on S,DÁYES, North Pender Island. One month later, we were thrilled to announce that an anonymous donor had upped the ante by pledging an additional $100,000 to the campaign! Now we have until June 8, 2022, the first day of the Year of the Salish Sea, to match this combined matching total of $200,000.
So far, support for this land protection work has largely come from individuals living on the Gulf Islands and other areas surrounding the Salish Sea. However, small local businesses and entrepreneurs have been significant supporters. Altogether, financial donations from these supporters has amounted to nearly $30,000 (and counting!), in addition to providing additional in-kind support such as product donations and event space.
How your business can participate in supporting our fundraising efforts
- You can simply make a one time donation or monthly contribution right here.
- You can also provide Raincoast with in-kind donations. Thanks to Cotton Carrier, a North Vancouver based family business, we were provided with great quality camera carrying systems, to be used for our field trips.
- Spread the word: share on your social media channels, blogs, etc. We’d be happy to provide educational materials (photographs, scientific articles, etc.).
- Come meet us! We’d love to give you a tour of the property or give your company a presentation.
- Workplace matching: Employees can make a one-time or recurring donation to Raincoast. And you, as a business, can increase their impact with a corporate match. Talk to your HR department and find out if your workplace offers a matching program and how to make sure your donation will be matched.
Remember, if you support the protection of KELÁ_EKE Kingfisher Forest between now and June 8th, the impact of your contribution will be doubled!
We’d like to give our warmest thanks to some of the businesses who have been supporting our Kingfisher Forest acquisition campaign: Sea Star Vineyards, Jillian Harris, and Cotton Carrier. Realizing our conservation vision would not be possible without you.
Are you looking for a way to make change?
You can help us. We would love for you to help us.
Protect bears, wolves, and cougars in the Great Bear Rainforest
Donations, no matter the size, take us one step closer to protecting bears, wolves and other carnivores. Help us stop commercial trophy hunting in more than a quarter of the Great Bear Rainforest.