Join us at noon every Wednesday in November for an hour-long expert panel discussion followed by a 30 minute question period to learn more about complex environmental issues and the options for better environmental policy and protection in the Gulf and Howe Sound islands. Speakers include representatives from BC-based organizations like Project Watershed and West Coast Environmental Law; scientific experts from academic institutions including Stanford and Simon Fraser University; and government branches including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Topics we will be exploring
- Freshwater availability: Options for maintaining a healthy water supply into the future
- Marine & shoreline protection: Impact of docks and overwater structures on Salish Sea habitats
- Coastal Douglas-fir forest conservation: Ecoforestry & fire management
- Ecological carrying capacity of island ecosystems
- Ecological governance in the Islands Trust area
Register to watch live
Are you looking for a way to make change?
You can help us. We would love for you to help us.
Protect bears, wolves, and cougars in the Great Bear Rainforest
Donations, no matter the size, take us one step closer to protecting bears, wolves and other carnivores. Help us stop commercial trophy hunting in more than a quarter of the Great Bear Rainforest.