Last week Chris Genovali joined CBC’s BC Almanac to talk about the NDP announcement to ban grizzly bear hunting in the Great Bear Rainforest. BC Almanac also interviewed Andrew Weaver and Jesse Zeeman of the BC Wildlife Federation about the proposed NDP plan to stop the hunting of grizzlies in the Great Bear Rainforest and to limit it elsewhere in the province.
This is an interview about an important and sensitive issue that is on the hearts and minds of British Columbians. Take a listen.
“Just because we can do something, doesn’t mean we should.” – Chris Genovali, executive director Raincoast Conservation Foundation
- Raincoast executive director discusses the new grizzly bear hunting ban policy announcement
- Wildlife-management reform in British Columbia is long overdue
- New government moves BC into 21st Century by stopping the hunting of grizzly bears in the Great Bear Rainforest
- Where the salmon-loving bears roam
- Hunting for Status: Men trophy hunt as a signal they can absorb the costs
Become a Raincoaster
Monthly giving enables you to protect what you love. For 25 years, Raincoast has been furthering biodiversity conservation in BC. We have big plans and with your help we will:
Protecting biodiversity is the most important gift we can give the next generation. Join us as a Raincoaster today!